Few people know that black oil sunflower seeds can produce sunflower microgreens vegetables that are full of nutrients and vitamins. Microgreens are mini vegetables that are harvested right when the first leaves form. Science appears to show that microgreens contain greater amounts of nutrients than their mature counterparts. Aside from the amazing health benefits, sunflower microgreens offer a crunchy and nutty flavor and go perfectly on your salads, sandwiches, wraps and smoothies.
- Sunflower micro greens are packed with so many vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, B Complex, D and E
- Sunflower micro greens are a great source of Calcium which helps the body maintain strong and healthy bones while supporting the function of the heart, muscles and nerves
- Sunflower microgreens are a great source of Copper which help the body make healthy red blood cells, support our immune function and helping us fight infectious diseases
- Magnesium known to support energy creation, protein formation, muscle movement, nervous system regulation and gene maintenance is another mineral found in sunflower microgreens
- Sunflower microgreens contain Zinc, Selenium, Potassium and Phosphorus
- These amazing microgreens are also a great source of protein which is needed to repair cells and make new ones
- They are rich in chlorophyll which is know to improve health, fight illnesses and boost energy.
There is no doubt that these little greens can boost and support our immune system and can likely reduce the risk of many diseases.
Sunflower Microgreen smoothie recipe
1 cup of sunflower microgreens
1 cup of frozen Blueberries or strawberries
1/2 green apple
1 cup of almond milk or coconut water
1 tsp of Raw Organic Honey (for sweetener)
sprinkle of cinnamon powder
Blend all together and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical or nutritional advice.
Always seek your physicians’ or qualified nutritionists’ advice before undertaking a new health care regimen or using any information you have read on this website to treat or prevent any condition.